Personalize your jewellery
It can be quite the shocker, if you step out of your home flaunting that new piece of jewellery you just bought, only to see your neighbour wearing the exact same piece. While such instances may be rare as far as jewellery goes, the chances are still pretty high. In such cases, wouldn’t it be just perfect if you could customise your little baubles to represent a part of you. Not to mention the fact that lending a personal touch to jewellery also makes for a wonderful gift for your loved ones. Here are some ideas on how you can make jewellery personal and unique.
- A delicate necklace in gold with your name engraved in a running hand font as a pendant makes for a beautiful piece.
- You can also consider making a bracelet with your name on it. Adding in little bunches of gold or dangles will add to its beauty.
- Another lovely option is to use the alphabet of your name. These make lovely pendants and can be surrounded or embellished with precious stones.
- Consider using the alphabet of your name or for that matter your entire name to create a charm bracelet, where each charm can be a letter of your name. In fact, you can also add in other charms that are an important part of your personality.
- Personalising jewellery need not be only with alphabets. It can also be with your birthstone. Choose to create words with these stones or simple designs that best signify your likes. If you are creating pieces of jewellery for siblings, try and bring in a blend of stones so that they always have a part of each other with them.
- Some other interesting ways in which you can personalise jewellery is to incorporate something that is special to you—convert your first ever gold ring as a child into a pendant on a delicate chain. Or use those little bangles and give them an upgrade by converting them into hoop earrings. There are so many such possibilities.
The best thing about customising your jewellery is the scope of creativity in it. If you would like to experiment with a design, all you need to do is let your imagination go innovative and then discuss options with your jeweller. You will be amazed at the wonderful little trinkets that you will be able to add to your collection.