Get the perfect holiday sparkle
The holiday season is upon us and it’s time to be merry and enjoy the festivities. The celebrations are aplenty with Christmas first, and then the New Year bash. There will be many parties and get-togethers to attend and everyone wants to look their best while enjoying with family and friends.
While dressing up for the celebrations, everybody wants to get the festive look right. You do not want to overdo it neither do you want to look plain and simple. The choice of jewellery matters, too. Here’s a little help with how to accessorise your look this holiday season:
- Stay true to your own style: Every person has his/her own distinct style. Some may like funky, heavy jewellery while some others are happy with a simple gold chain. Your style is a reflection of your personality. So don’t attempt a very dramatic style shift. If simplicity suits you best, then complement your holiday dress with simple earrings or a Christmas, New Year-theme bracelet. You can also adorn a pair of diamond studs or a plain gold chain. These jewellery items will add to the overall beauty of the holiday look.
- Wear Winter Jewellery: During the holidays, add the winter elements to your jewellery collection. These include delicate snowflake earrings and crystal stars. These jewellery pieces contain white gold, diamonds and platinum to create the snow and ice look. Wear these items to any party and you will definitely be the centre of attraction.
- Be Minimalistic: While stepping out make sure that you are not dressed like a Christmas tree. Don’t go overboard and cover yourself head to toe with accessories. Be minimal with the jewellery pieces and let each piece stand out and shimmer.
- Adorn Fine Jewellery: The holiday season brings with it many formal get-togethers and hence it is important to dress elegantly. For such occasions, opt for fine jewellery as these are always in fashion. Diamond stud earrings, diamond hoop earrings in a white gold base, sterling silver and platinum jewellery are some of the most popular fine jewellery choices.
- Dress for the Occasion: If it’s a Christmas/New Year’s eve party at a friend’s place you can keep the jewellery casual. However, if it is an office cocktail party, diamond studs and a simple brooch is all what you need.
- Opt for ‘Unconventional Jewellery’: This festive season, try something different. Why not adorn some ‘out-of-the-box’ jewellery. These are cheap and easily available. They may be dangling candy cane earrings, a gingerbread man necklace fitted with stones or in any other shapes or designs. These items are not your regular jewellery and will definitely help you stand out in the crowd.
Do try out the ideas mentioned above. You can mix and match to come up with the festive look that suits you the best. Good Luck and Happy Hols!!!