Enhancing your wealth this Akshaya Tritiya
This year, the auspicious occasion of Akshaya Tritiya (Akshaya in Sanskrit means ‘one that never diminishes’) is on May 9. As is customary, you would probably head out to make a few purchases of gold to mark the occasion.
Akshaya Tritiya holds significance for Hindus and Jains. It is celebrated on the third day of the bright half of the lunar month of Vaisakha. This usually occurs in the months of April or May when both the sun and moon are at their peak brightness. The annual event is tracked according to the traditional Hindu calendar and is one of four holy days for Hindus.
There are numerous mythological events associated with this day:
- River Ganges is said to have been placed on Earth.
- Lord Parashuram, an incarnation of Lord Shiva, was born on this day.
- The Pandavas received unlimited food from the Akshaya Patra.
- Lord Krishna blessed Sudama on this day.
To mark the day, four major activities are conducted:
- Yajanam: Religious yagnas and homas
- Yaajanam: Assisting others in holy work
- Dhanaam: Charity work
- Pratigraham: Adding to one’s wealth
It is only in recent years that the emphasis on the fourth activity has grown, thanks to an improvement in the economic standing of most people. Today, it is not just Hindus and Jains, but people of most communities buy gold on Akshaya Tritiya. It is also a day to conduct all things auspicious.
If you are looking to purchase gold this Akshaya Tritiya, here are some interesting offers currently available at Jos Alukkas:
- A range of diamond necklaces are available on exclusive offer for this auspicious day beginning at Rs 1.25 lakh.
- Purchasing diamonds worth Rs 50,000 will give you a gold coin free.
- Get a diamond pendant free when you purchase diamonds worth Rs 1 lakh.
You will find a wide range of products from which to choose—right from classic and traditional designs to more trendy ones. Choose something for a loved one this Akshaya Tritiya and share the auspiciousness of the day with them.