Cancerians trust emerald, pearl for emotional well-being
The fourth astrological sign in the Zodiac calendar, Cancer, falls between June 21 and July 22. The symbol of Cancer, a water sign, is the crab. This representation draws inferences from Karkinos, a big crab, which is said to have harassed Hercules in his battle with Hydra. A person born under this sun sign which is ruled by the moon is often called “moon child”. Like all other Zodiac signs, Cancers also have a distinctive characteristic—their mood swings. Just as the Cancer’s ruler, the Moon has different phases depending on the changing tides, Cancers also have different moods at any given point of time.
Characteristics: While moodiness is the standout characteristic of Cancers, there are many other personality traits, which they are famous for. Cancers are generally known to be very tender-hearted, a trait that draws more problems for them than praise. Many people consider Cancers to be lacking emotional maturity but those close to them know that they have a distinct receptive nature. Loyal, dependable are two words that are synonymous with Cancer as they are known to be allegiant to their closed ones and can be a hand to hold in any situation. Cancers are compassionate and loving people and hence are very good family people. They give high priority to family and will do everything to keep their family happy and united.
Talking of the negative traits of Cancers, the first thing that stands out is their fear of rejection. If they even get a slight hint of rejection, they will withdraw from the company of people. Another negative is that they are very resentful and unforgiving of people who either hurt them or commit mistakes. It takes a very long time for them to let go of their bitterness and become friends again. Cancers are also overtly sensitive about small issues and are known to be quite self-absorbed.
Cancer Gemstones: The soft-spoken and affectionate Cancer wears gemstones to gain strengthen, physically and emotionally. The Cancer gemstones include:
1) Emerald: Emerald is the traditional birthstone for the Cancer sun sign as well as the birthstone for June. The green colour of emerald is in sync with the sensitive nature of the Cancer, who nurtures everyone around him. The emerald also symbolizes balance and the Cancer sign is the best example of emotional steadiness. People born under this sun sign adorn emerald for stability and peace in their lives.
2) Moonstone: The moonstone is an important gemstone for the Cancer as the moon is the ruling planet of this Zodiac sign. Known to be the planetary stone for Cancer, this stone helps to relieve stress and induce extrasensory perception.
3) Pearl: The most famous Cancer gemstone is the pearl, which resembles the moon, This stone is known to be lucky for Cancers to safeguard relationships and ensure proper growth of children.
4) Chalcedony: Chalcedony, which is the opaque/translucent version of quartz, is famous in Arab and Polish calendars as the birthstone for the month of July. This gemstone has similar properties as moonstone as both are used to expel negative energy and attract positive spirits.
5) Sapphire: Known as the talismanic gemstone for Cancer sun sign, Sapphire amulets are used by people to channel their inner peace and fight depression. This Cancer gemstone is also helpful with spiritual awakening. Other Cancer gemstones include Alexandrite, carnelian and amber.
Famous Cancer Personality: The Cancer-born we are profiling today is a singer who attained fame at a very young age and is now touted as a rising star of American music. She is none other than Selena Gomez. Born in Texas on July 22, 1992, Selena rose to prominence by featuring in Disney shows. She has her own band “Selena Gomez & the Scene” and has released many hit albums like Kiss & Tell (2009), When the Sun Goes Down (2011) among others. Gomez has since ventured out into other projects like opening up her own company and starting a jewellery and clothing line “Dream Out Loud”, which features statement emerald jewellery and pearls.