Beads and Gemstones are a Girl’s Best Friend Too
There is nothing like a good set of jewellery, with beads or gemstones to glam up your wardrobe. Many of us tend to shy away from beads and gems fearing we will not make the right combinations. Fact is, with a little of thinking and a few simple tricks, it’s not that difficult to achieve.
To start with, let’s look at the versatility of beaded jewellery and gemstones. There is so much that can be done with them. A set of light coloured beads lends a level of classiness to a simple outfit. Think a single strand of pearls on a gold necklace with gold clasps.
Another good thing about beads and gemstones is that a single strand can have them in varied sizes, which means they also go really well with a range of necklines. Besides the varied sizes, you can wear them at different lengths and even considering layering your beads and gems to convert even the drabbest outfit into something grand.
Whether you are looking at them for a high-neck top or a low neck dress or even something with a cowl neck or cap sleeves, or even a turtleneck, you can be sure that beads and gemstones instantly make a good accessory.
While pairing such jewellery with your clothes, you should know that matching is one way to go, but the joy of working with beads and gems is that you can think of mixing and matching or even contrasting. This can work well with a range of outfits.
Now with that in mind, here are some tips to help you choose the right set of beads or gems for you:
- Always start off with a set of pearls—white, off-white, pink pearls etc, all make for a great starter into the world of beads and gems.
- When choosing your beads and gemstones, first begin with colours that you are comfortable with and pair those with your clothes. Only when you get the hang of the idea consider other colours and tints.
- When choosing, always make sure to have your wardrobe in mind. Primary colours are not the only way to go. If blue is not something that will work with your clothes, perhaps purple might be a better choice. Alternately, have a few tops or outfits in mind that you are sure are going to work with your choice and start with that. You can always look up online for inspiration.
- Beads can be heavy, so make sure to take that into consideration when you are shopping. A trick is to balance the necklace on your ring finger between the nail and the knuckle. If you can do that without your finger shaking, then you are good to go.
- Lastly, don’t be hesitant to experiment. There are a range of beautiful gemstone necklaces and beads out there and all you have to do is find a good match. Of course, you don’t have to stop at necklaces and can also consider rings, bracelets and anklets too.